NEW TCM SKID STEEP LOADERS PROMISE TO CHANGE AUSTRALIA’s LANDSCAPE
Japan's leading brand of skid steer loader is to debut in Australia next month following the decision by prominent industrial forklift and earthmoving equipment manufacturer, TCM, to introduce its latest earthmoving offerings to the local market.
The latest family of TCM skid steer loaders – comprising six powerful models – was unveiled earlier this month (15 February 2006) at a major launch event in Melbourne. The event was hosted by the company's national distributor for Australia, NTP Forklifts Australia, and attended by TCM's General Manager: Marketing, Masa-aki Sumida; and Regional Manager for Asia Pacific, Hiroshi Narukawa.
A new range of iNOMA four-wheel counterbalance internal combustion forklifts and the innovative FTB VII Series of three-wheel battery electric offerings were also announced at the Melbourne launch.
Each of the robust yet stylish models that make up the groundbreaking new 7 Series of TCM skid steer loaders – models 703, 704, 705, 706, 707 and 709 – is packed with a collection of new features required to take on and beat the established competition across the construction, engineering, livestock and agriculture sectors.
The machines offer the biggest loading capacity in their class, providing customers with high job efficiency and productivity in applications ranging from gardening and farming to stock breeding and civil engineering.
Other features and their associated benefits are:
- a powerful yet clean engine that complies with worldwide emission and enhances environmental friendliness;
- a hydrostatic transmission system that brings excellent manoeuvrability, pivot turn and plenty of traction, even in slippery conditions, and provides for continuous control of travel speed and drawbar pull;
- heavy-duty chain drives in two short loops on both sides of the machine ensure long service life in tough operations;
- the ideal matching of dumping reach and clearance helps ease load handling while the R-shaped bucket enhances smooth load discharge and the increased bucket roll-back angle minimises load falling; and
- numerous safety, comfort and noise reduction designs to improve operator wellbeing and productivity.
Addressing dealers and customers at the launch, Mr Sumida said TCM enjoys an enviable worldwide track record in earthmoving equipment, with its skid steer loader products having dominated the Japanese market since 2001. The company, he added, is confident the six new models will, quite literally, change Australia's landscape.
"We have listened to our customers, considered their suggestions and embodied many of them in the design and construction of our skid steer loaders. By delivering products that consistently meet the tough materials handling requirements of customers, we have captured more than 50% of the Japanese market in each of the past five years.
"We believe the power, agility, operator comfort and attractive styling of the new series makes it an ideal product for the Australian environment," he said.
Sharing the platform with Mr Sumida, NTP Forklifts Australia Managing Director, John Naffine said the new products – and their launch here ahead of the world launch in Bangkok later next month – reflect TCM's commitment to the Australian market and ensure that customers continue to have access to innovative, reliable and robust forklift trucks and earthmoving equipment that cost less to run and maintain.
TCM's 7 Series of skid steer loaders will be widely available in Australia from March 2006. For further product information, please call your TCM State Distributor on 1300 367 011 or visit www.tcmforklifts.com.au.